Reading the Mozilla article and not being familiar with RDF/XML, I found
it difficult to grasp what the framework actually is. Would you correct
any of my following assumptions if they're wrong, please?

Any help text would appear in a pop-up window much like a normal browser
window with sidebars for a table of contents, an index, a search for
that help app.

The help app would consist of a directory of RDF/XML files (or would it
be one only?) but I'm not sure where they would be - local to the
browser for Mozilla probably, but what about other help apps?

Any help text item would have an ID that identifies a node in a RDF/XML
file. This ID can be used from the index, the TOC or context-sensitively.

The help text is in HTML form in a file(s?) presumably on the server and
the RDF/XML specifies an anchor tag in the HTML to display.

I didn't get your (Ted's) reference to javabeans.

Adam