Seems to me that the most convincing argument is success.

If you can get to the point where you are turning out applicatoins quickly
using Struts, then that in itself should be pretty convincing..

If the other department eschews Struts and has challenges turning out work
at your speed, then your point is made.

I corporate pissing matches such as this, logic goes out the window many
times. Rational arguments don't work. People will change only when they see
it as in their best interest. The more you try to change them, the deeper
you draw the line in the sand and the more they don't want to cross it.

One option may be to get some people from the other department involved on
a project with you. Then they'll see it and get involved - they'll want to
use it when the time comes. This kind of bottom-up approach may work.

Inviting some of the tech staff and/or the manager from the other
department to a project debrief that focusses on success and speed may
help.

Also, occasionally dropping e-mails to them pointing them to
resources/success stories on the net (see husted.com or the Struts
Resources page) can help.

Good luck.

"Olikkadavath, Bobby" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 05/30/2002
12:54:37 PM

      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc:    (bcc: Kevin Bedell/Systems/USHO/SunLife)