>I just completed a good-sized web application (a statewide Child Support
>Payment System) using Struts.  There's was a fair learning curve which put
>me over the deadline.  But, after that my development speed increased
>significantly with the help of the Struts framework.  My local manager has
>even bought into Struts after seeing my success and researching it himself.
>However, our regional office is not very close with us and deemed Struts an
>"Overkill" for shopping-cart/e-commerce type applications.  I intuitively
>know that Struts will save me time, introduces a unfired framework, etc.
>But, I was hoping that you guys could help me come up with an even more
>convincing argument for when the time comes.

I would suggest a demonstration - pictures speak louder than words, and
real life is even louder.  If you are confident that you are now proficient
enough with Struts to show a good ROI, then show them.  If it means sitting
in an office and showing how you put it together line by line, then so be
it.  Take the shopping cart as an example, since you imply that this is
their concern - build yourself some beans to encapsulate the business logic
and data, jar them up and use them in your demonstration.  They'll be
surprised how quickly you tap out those Struts actions and wire pages
in.  Don't do yourself out of a job though - and make sure they realise the
beans need development time too ;)

That's the thing about internal politics of this type - quite often its
down to ignorance, and all it takes is a good illustration.

>Thanks in advance,
>
>--Michael Marrotte
>

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.