Hi,

I am using the Struts Database pooling.
My database connection is realised after the sample in the Struts User's
Guide.
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/building_model.html#databases
But I think the sample is very contradicting.
In chapter 2.5 Business Logic Beans is said:
"For maximum code re-use, business logic beans should be designed and
implemented so that they do not know they are being executed in a web
application environment. If you find yourself having to import a
javax.servlet.* class in your bean, you are tying this business logic to the
web application environment. "

but chapter 2.6 is Accessing the Database in the sample via a ActionServlet:
public ActionForward
       perform(ActionMapping mapping,
               ActionForm form,
               HttpServletRequest request,
               HttpServletResponse response)
{
 javax.sql.DataSource dataSource;
 java.sql.Connection myConnection;

 try {
   dataSource = servlet.findDataSource(null);
   myConnection = dataSource.getConnection();

Now I am pretty confused since I want to implement the Database Access in a
buiseness logic bean.

Thanks for your help!

Rainer