I am not sure but can I use JNDI when I configure the data-sources within
the struts-config.xml like:
  <data-sources>
    <data-source
        autoCommit="true"
       description="my Description"
       driverClass="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
        maxCount="4"
        minCount="2"
        password=""
        url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mydb"
        user="root"
    />
  </data-sources>
How else can I access the datasource?

thx Rainer

> 1. Do not use the session bean to access the datasource... create a data
access object which locates the datasource.
> 2. Lookup the datasource using a jndi name not a servlet. Register your
datasource with the jndi server. (Does the servlet api implement such a
method ??)
> 3. If using a connection pool (which you should really), get the
connection object out of the pool and use it to access the database.