On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, John Nikolai wrote:

> Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:32:09 -0800
> From: John Nikolai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Large form performance...
>

> I ran our code within Orion and, with some tweeks to the HTML and JSP code,
> it compiled and ran a lot faster than Tomcat. I ran the new, tweeked HTML and
> JSP code using Tomcat but it was still slow to respond.

You might want to try out the latest (4.1.8) build of Tomcat.  A very
large amount of work has gone into the JSP page compiler, and some
benchmark results for pages with lots of tags (like most Struts pages :-)
have shown very dramatic performance increases -- on the order of 8 to 10
times faster.

Craig