From: Elderclei R Reami [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 3:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Container-managed authentication not possible

Hi Friends,

It's been a month developing in struts, and the party's been pretty good.
I'm just finishing my first application
(30 jsps, actions, and so on), and now I'm including some security in it.

I'm in trouble regarding authentication, because my client's  ISP does not
let me change server.xml configs,
probably because they use virtual hosting. My question is: is it possible to
configure container-managed
authentication using the web.xml? Or must I implement my own authentication?

Cheers,
Elderclei R Reami
Vertis Tecnologia
+55 11 3887-0835