> Somewhere in the nested docs it says to have a getter that
> returns an Object[].  So, if your bean has a collection
> called 'plants' then set the getter as follows:
>
>   public Object[] getPlants() {
>     return plants.toArray();
>   }

As a temporary workaround, I am doing this:

    public Set getMachines(){ return machines; }
    public Object[] getMachinesArray(){ return getMachines().toArray();
}

And the in the JSP I use:

    <nested:iterate property="plantsArray">

Not very elegant because I had to do this for all my business objects
(i'm not using value objects).  But at least I can keep Collections for
use in the business layers.

Michael