On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, phpsurf wrote:

> Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:42:29 +0200
> From: phpsurf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: reloading ApplicationResources
>
> great !
> but the problem is that in development time, you spend at least 60% of your
> time reloading your webapp or restarting your debugger !!!
> didn't I read somewhere that the purpose of a framework was, among others, a
> gain of time ...
> I think this is really an issue to improve in Struts 1.1 !
> of sure, I'm talking about both ApplicationResources.properties and
> struts-config.xml !
> and please, don't invoke obscure security reasons not to do it !
> THERE IS NO SECURITY ISSUE DURING DEVELOPMENT PROCESS !

This is ***not*** an issue that Stuts can solve by itself ... successful
resoluation depends totally on the capabilities of the application server
you are using for development.

I use Tomcat 4.1 for all of my app development efforts.  Among other
things, this lets me take advantage of the dynamic application deployment
and reload faciliites of Tomcat, as outlined in:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/manager-howto.html

and

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/appdev/index.html

(both of which are available from a standard Tomcat installation.)  It's a
total waste of time talking about what *Struts* can do to improve this
situation; the real key is to take advantage of the general web
application development and debugging support that your container
supports.

Craig