Hi All,

I typically use Request scope forms but alas, a session form fits the bill. It's so much easier to assume the form instance will disappear but that is not the case with session scope form beans since I want to keep the values.

Everytime an action declares that it uses the form bean (a dynaform called countryForm) such as:

<action name="countryForm" scope="session" > ....

The full reset() and beanutil.populate() is called on it and all the values are replaced from the request and therefore overwriting everything! I removed the "name" attribute from the actions that don't need to re-populate() and the jsp's using <bean:write name="countryForm" scope="session" /> works dandily.

My question is this, how do I use the form in actions without blowing away its values (from the request population) that "fits" into the Struts framework? I've cheated in the past by pulling it out of the session explictly but that defeats the whole flexibility of a config file.

I look forward to hearing what I did/understood incorrectly.

Thanks.

danny