From: bachan s [mailto:bachan_anand@;yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 7:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [sub-apps] smthg missing... (?)

  Hi,

  sub app is for different modules in the same application so that they can
have different struts confix files and maintaining the struts config becomes
easier.

  I am not sure whether you can have different war file for different sub
applications .I guess not .

  Thanks !

  Bachan

   Vincent PROSPER <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

    Hi,

    This is a newbie question about sub-apps in struts 1.1.b2...

    I have got two webapps, named portal.war and listing.war and I want
    listing.war to become a sub-app of portal.war (does it make sense or am
    misunderstanding something?)

    So what I basically did in the portal project is:

    **************************
    **** web.xml (portal) ****
    **************************

    config
    /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml

    config/listing
    /WEB-INF/struts-listing-config.xml

    ***********************
    **** struts-config ****
    ***********************

    name="toListing"
    path="/listing/index.do"
    redirect="true"/>

    *******************************
    **** struts-listing-config ****
    *******************************

    parameter="/putlisting.jsp"
    type="org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward">

    (I also tried with )

    *********************
    **** a jsp page *****
    *********************
    go to listing

    OK ? (this obviously means that I didn't touch anything in listing.war,
only
    in portal.war)

    Now, when I click this link (which refers to
    http://localhost:8080/portal/listing/index.do), I get a '404/not found'
    error...

    So, my qu! estions are the following:

    1. I tried to put listing.war in WEB-INF/lib/ of my portal.war. Is
doesn't
    work (404), but is it the right way to point to a so called "sub-app" ?
    2. I tried to put listing.war in server/default/deploy. The link doesn't
    work neither (404), why ?
    3. Considering that for 1/ and 2/ I get a dead link, what am I missing
(I
    didn't find anything more in

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/building_controller.html#dd_confi
    g_modules, neither in

http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@;jakarta.apache.org/msg41762.html?)

    Thanks in advance for providing tips to a newbie sub-apper ;-)

    Vince

    For additional commands, e-mail: