You have several problems, none of which have anything to do with
Struts.

First, your "SetLocalForm" class appears to be not defined.  I would
guess it's not in the same package as your "SetLocalAction" class.

Second, you can't do:

  String localString = (SetLocalForm)form.getLocal();

Because the "ActionForm" class does not have a "getLocal()" method.

Most likely, you would have something like this:

  SetLocalForm setLocalForm = (SetLocalForm) form;
  String localString = setLocalForm.getLocal();

Third, there is no "java.util.Local" class.  Are all of these "Local"s
supposed to be "Locale"s?  If so, you have several name changes you need
to make.