Hi,

Can you please fill a bug report in bugzilla ?

For me the problem is that the PageContext.include() and the RequestDispatcher().include() don't behave the same.
The <insert> tag implementation has been switched from PageContext to RequestDispatcher as of 02.12.29.
What I do not understand is that your files are not inserted at the correct place even with flush=true ;-(

Cedric

Paul Hodgetts wrote:

Cedric wrote:

> The PageContext.include(uri) documentation says:
> "The current JspWriter "out" for this JSP is flushed as a
> side-effect of this call, prior to processing the include".
> So, the old implementation was doing a flush regardless of
> the insert's flush value. The new implementation now use
> RequestDispatcher.include(), which doesn't perform any
> flush ...
> The implementation has changed in order to centralize all
> include calls in one customizable place. The behavior change
> is not intentional. Have you try to set flush=true in the
> insert tag ?

Hi, I posted the original message. I have been meaning to
put together a small test app to demonstrate the problem I
am encountering, but haven't had the free bandwidth to do so
yet, and probably won't for at least a couple of days.

In my case, I was not setting flush=true in my insert tags.
I added this and it does not fix the problem. The tiles
that are supposed to be in my body section are instead
inserted in the head tag. What's weirder is that I added
a couple of inserts in the head tag for styles and scripts.
These tiles come out in the correct place. The tiles that
are supposed to be inserted into the body are instead
inserted *after* the tiles in the head, right before the
closing head tag.

The incorrect behavior is the 2003-01-01 build. Backing
up to the 2002-12-27 build works fine with and without the
flush=true attribute.

Regards,
Paul
-----
Paul Hodgetts -- President, Principal Consultant
Agile Logic -- www.agilelogic.com
Consulting, Coaching, Training -- On-Site & Out-Sourced Development
Java, J2EE, C++, OOA/D -- Agile Methods/XP/Scrum, Use Cases, UI/IA