Not to quibble over trivialities, but SOAP is a transport independent payload
and is not dependant on HTTPRequest and HTTPResponse. Axis supports this
notion very well. How this would effect the integration of the two technologies,
I can't say.

Will Etson
>>> "Mike Oliver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 01/17/03 10:31AM >>>
There certainly are some bugaboos in the marriage of these two
technologies (Axis/Struts) but I don't think them to be insurmountable.

For example the dependency on the HTTPRequest and HTTPResponse, a SOAP
Request is after all an HTTP request. So the problem becomes more the
difference in the format of the input and output streams, eh? My hope
is that we can find a fairly clear line of commonality and my gut feel
is that the commonality line between the two entry points merge at the
call to the RequestHandler, but perhaps it is one level below that with
a SOAPRequestHandler that calls Actions and the Actions are common.

Michael Oliver
AppsAsPeers LLC
7391 S. Bullrider Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85747