You're not likely to get many unbiased opinions on this topic. I will tell you that my brief experience with Netbeans has been terrible (even on latest versions). I'm a big fan of Eclipse even though it doesn't have the JSP editor yet. Netbeans also has a gui builder but I don't know how good the code it generates is.

I don't recommend that your report mandate one IDE over another. Everyone on the project should be allowed to use what they like and are most productive in. I just found NetBeans very difficult to work with.

David

From: "Daniel H. F. e Silva" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [OT] Eclipse IDE
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:35:08 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
I know that it is very possible that this subject was already discussed here, but i couldn't
search on archives (why is this resource disabled?).
I'm beginning to design a software development process specification as a job task. It will
include, for instance, a list of all tools, software, frameworks, etc, necessary to develop
Web-based solutions in J2EE platform.
And after doing a lot of research, i've found that open-source world has two leading IDEs:
Netbeans and Eclipse.
I'd like to hear about experiences with both of them. In my preliminary tests i guess it was
difficult to work with Eclipse with focus on Web development. For instance, it doesn't have a cool
JSP editor like Netbeans. I've tried an Eclipse plugin, but its features are inferior than
Netbeans offered features.
But i liked Eclipse's plugins feature. And it has a better aproach to manage code quality than
Netbeans.
So, opinions?

Best regards,
Daniel.

PS: Sorry for possible language mistakes. English is not my native language.