That's not an opinion it's a fact. Netbeans is based on Swing which is slow as molasses. Check your OS's memory monitor to see the difference (about 30 MB). Click on a Netbeans menu and you can feel the unresponsiveness.

David

From: "Haseltine, Celeste" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [OT] Eclipse IDE
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:39:19 -0600

Daniel,

Eclipse is much faster than Netbeans, in my opinion, and is not as much of a
memory hog as Netbeans is. If you select the right plug-ins, Eclipse is an
excellent IDE for all J2EE development EXCEPT JSP pages. We use Eclipse
here for everything (EJB, Java Beans, servlets) BUT JSP development, and use
Macromedia Dreamweaver MX for the JSP development. Dreamweaver MX has the
ability to "pull in" external tag libraries into the IDE, and will enable
code completion for those tag libraries inside of it's IDE. So when I
incorporated the Struts logic, HTML, and bean tag libraries into
Dreamweaver, the code completion for those tags is enabled for our JSP
developers. HTML layout/design is also much simpler in Dreamweaver, as long
as you stay away from the wizards that are included in Dreamweaver (adds too
much extraneous code into the HTML).

Hopefully, the HTML and JSP development features of Eclipse will be improved
soon.

Celeste