In theory it should, but it ain't.
I am running Struts 1.1 Beta 3 and TomCat 4.1.18 under Linux...

My ApplicationResources.properties file is in the folder
webapp/WEB-INF/classes/com/havleik and in the web.xml file I have:

...snip....
<servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>application</param-name>
      <param-value>com.havleik.ApplicationResources</param-value>
    </init-param>
...snip....

and likewise in struts-config.cml...:

...snip...
<message-resources parameter="com.havleik.ApplicationResources" null="false"
/>
...snip....

I have tried every possible way all day, but I can't get the resource file
loaded. According to books and examples, this is the way to do it!??

Any help out there?

Regards,

BTJ

Bjørn T Johansen (BSc,MNIF)
Executive Manager
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  Havleik Consulting
Phone : +47 67 54 15 17         Conradisvei 4
Fax : +47 67 54 13 91           N-1338 Sandvika
Cellular : +47 913 32 280       http://www.havleik.no