I have had this same problem in the past. Make sure you're not putting anything on Tomcat's classpath. That seemed to fix my problem. You might also try jarring up all your class files and putting it in /WEB-INF/lib instead.

David

From: Bjørn T Johansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Why doesn't the application resource file get loaded?
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:24:19 +0100

In theory it should, but it ain't.
I am running Struts 1.1 Beta 3 and TomCat 4.1.18 under Linux...

My ApplicationResources.properties file is in the folder
webapp/WEB-INF/classes/com/havleik and in the web.xml file I have:

...snip....
<servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
<init-param>
<param-name>application</param-name>
<param-value>com.havleik.ApplicationResources</param-value>
</init-param>
...snip....

and likewise in struts-config.cml...:

...snip...
<message-resources parameter="com.havleik.ApplicationResources" null="false"
/>
...snip....

I have tried every possible way all day, but I can't get the resource file
loaded. According to books and examples, this is the way to do it!??

Any help out there?

Regards,

BTJ

Bjørn T Johansen (BSc,MNIF)