Hi,
I agree with u that u can have another layer of abstraction(like helper beans)
between action and Service layer.So that same code ecan be reused.
But this some disadvangates.
Firstly U are then not really using the power of Struts Configuration file
which allows you to use logical mappings in Action classes And to change the
Flow,U can just change the config file (So long as all required parametzers are
being passed in new flow  as well..).Because in our project, we had this
requirement many a times.After we had done one release, the business gusy will
come up with a suggestion some thing like, After AccountDetails PAge, can we go
to AccountList üpage instead of Summary page etc etc .And because of Reusable
actions, this was just a matter of changing the struts config file and in one
of cases may be make the new caller pass a few more parameters.But there was no
code duplication.

So as i said in my original mail,If your services are not tied to actions, then
in that case I don't see any problem in action chainning.ANd it seems to me the
best thing to really harness the power of Struts..Or is there any other
preformance or design issue which i have missed?

Any comments:-))??

regards,
Shirish