Ted, will you give me your opinion on my post of "Mon 1/27/2003 5:21 PM" with a
subject of "RE: Two ActionForms colliding on property name"? I am wondering whether
you see my splitting of actions into post-actions and pre-actions as action relays or
action chaining.

To use the input attribute in validation to point to a previous action, the input
element needs to point to what I call a pre-action but not the post-action. So this
requires a separation between pre-actions and post-actions.

I am not arbitrarily partioning the request/response transaction; I am drawing a
well-defined line between processing necessary to complete the last user/system
interaction and processing necessary to initiate the next user/system interaction.

Overall, I am not grokking your division between "completing the response" and
"continuing processing." Perhaps because, in my mind, completing the response requires
continued processing and why continue processing if not to complete the response
(unless it is to complete the request, as in my post-action).