Im using tomcat 4.1.8 and I checked and the app
is running. Im trying to connect to a database to
register the number of hits my page is getting.
Could that be causing the problems? And what
does LifecycleException mean?

                      Ashish Kulkarni

                      <kulkarni_ash1312        To:       Struts Users Mailing List

                      @yahoo.com>               <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                               cc:

                      02/03/2003 03:31         Subject:  Re: Can anyone help me out
with this
                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Struts Users

                      Mailing List"

Hi,
Which app server are u using,
if u are using tomcat
check if the application has started
http://localhost:8080/manager/list

I dont know , but I may be wrong
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> When I attempt to forward to welcome.do the page
> remains at index.jsp
> and I get
> the following error. Can anyone shed some light on
> the matter? Im really
> stuck.
> Thank you for all for you time

> 2003-02-01 16:28:00 StandardHost[localhost]:
> ContainerBase.removeChild:
> stop:
> LifecycleException:  Container
> StandardContext[/struttest] has not been
> started
>  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stop(StandardContext.java:3643)

>  at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.removeChild(ContainerBase.java:1036)

>  at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.remove(StandardHostDeployer.java:420)

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

> This message is intended for the use of the
> individual or entity to which
> it is addressed and may contain information that is
> confidential and
> privileged and exempt from disclosure under
> applicable law.  If the reader
> of this message is not the intended recipient, you
> are hereby notified that
> any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
> communication is
> strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
> communication in error,
> please contact the sender immediately and delete it
> from your system.
> Thank you

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail: