Evan Schnell wrote:
Robert Morse wrote:

Have you gotten anywhere with this?
I'm seeing the exact problem, and I'm not using a DynaValidatorForm. No
errors are displayed, no exceptions thrown. It's as though the
validator just isn't getting invoked.
The failure to log consistently means that validator stack
traces may actually not get logged. You might consider installing log4j with the root logger set to debug. Doing this will cause the validator to generate 1000s of line of output when you server starts (technically when your app deploys). This will help find offending code.
or you can just turn on logging for the parts you want.
eg:

log4j.category.org.apache.commons.validator = ALL, validator;
log4j.appender.validator = org.apache.log4j.FileAppender;
log4j.appender.validator.file = D:/Projects/dist/idmportal_portal_http_new/data/log/commons.validator.log;
log4j.appender.validator.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout;
log4j.appender.validator.layout.conversionPattern = %d [%t] %-5p %c{1} - %m%n;
log4j.appender.validator.append = false;