I am not referencing my own bean. The only thing my JSP tries to do is grab a value
from a resource bundle and set the title of the page to that value. This is my entire
JSP:
 <head>
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="include/style.css" type="text/css"/>
 </head>
 <title>
  <bean:message key="simplePage.title"/>
 </title>

This is the config file:
<struts-config>
 <form-beans>
  <form-bean name="simpleForm" type="com.client.form.simpleForm"/>
  <form-bean name="logonForm" type="com.client.form.LogonForm"/>
 </form-beans>
 <global-forwards type="org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward">
  <forward name="logoff" path="/Logoff.do"/>
  <forward name="logon" path="/Logon.do"/>
  <forward name="welcome" path="/Welcome.do"/>
 </global-forwards>
 <action-mappings>
  <action path="/Welcome" type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
parameter="Welcome.jsp"/>
  <action path="/Logon" type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
parameter="Logon.jsp"/>
  <action path="/LogonSubmit" type="com.client.action.LogonAction" name="logonForm"
scope="request" validate="true" input="Logon.jsp">
   <forward name="success" path="simplePage.jsp"/>
  </action>
  <action path="/Logoff" type="LogoffAction">
   <forward name="success" path="Welcome.jsp"/>
  </action>
  <action path="/simplePage" name="simpleForm"
type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction" parameter="simplePage.jsp"/>
 </action-mappings>
</struts-config>

 James Childers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Nine times out of ten when I get that
message it is one of two things:

- I haven't referenced the bean properly in the tag. This is especially true of
anything which references a collection, because that syntax is just off.

- I haven't put the bean in the proper scope. Less frequent, but it happens.

BTW: Your struts-config and JSP source is coming across as blanks on my mailreader.

-= J