Hello all,
We are using struts 1.0 and struts validator for doing form validations.
Our form-bean extends ValidatorForm and validation mapping is stored in
validation.xml, as usual. Everything works fine and validation fails if the
invalid value is entered by the user.
But during the stress testing by our QA, we found this very strange
problem.
If the user enters an invalid entry in the form and clicks 'Submit', the
validation fails and error message is displayed. So far so good. But if
user keeps clicking the 'Submit' button without any response time
(approximately 3 clicks per second), after some time the Validator succumbs
and request goes to the Action class and results in successful action.
Moreover, the value which gets through is not the invalid entry inserted by
the user, but the default value with which the Form field is initialized in
the form-bean.

Again, validator works fine under normal conditions, but fails consistently
if user tries to submit the form with invalid entry , by clicking the
'Submit' button again and again, with out waiting for response from server.

Any clue from you will be very helpful, as this issue is bugging us too
much and just cropped up before the product release date.

Can this be because of multi- threading ?

Thanks in advance

This communication (including any attachments) may contain privileged or confidential
information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this communication and/or
shred the materials and any attachments and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this communication, or the taking of any action based on
it, is strictly prohibited.  Thank you.