What would you use instead? I like it because of the central xml configuration. The only tiles tag I use is <tiles:insert> to place the components in the proper place and leave the rest up to the xml config. file. Each JSP you write can be reused in any place you need that particular view and it's not tied to any surrounding layout.

David

From: "Southard, Don" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Struts User Group (E-mail)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Sell me on tiles
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:34:29 -0700

We are starting a fairly new project using struts.  We are at a point where
we need to make a decision on using tiles or not using tiles. On one hand
it's not too hard to implement (one developer already has it working with
our project).  On the other hand we haven't seen any added functionality
that would really make us want to go with this feature.

All that said can someone give me some brief points on why we should use
tiles?

-- L. Don Southard
   303 218 4823
   x4823