The major selling point of tiles is that you can encapsulate, and reuse, page layouts, much as you can reuse layout managers in classic UI frameworks such as Struts. Beyond that, tiles have many other features that will save you a great deal of time and effort, such as extending an existing tile to create a new one.

david

Southard, Don wrote:

We are starting a fairly new project using struts. We are at a point where
we need to make a decision on using tiles or not using tiles. On one hand
it's not too hard to implement (one developer already has it working with
our project). On the other hand we haven't seen any added functionality
that would really make us want to go with this feature.
All that said can someone give me some brief points on why we should use
tiles?
-- L. Don Southard
303 218 4823
x4823