Tapan Nanawati wrote:
Hi all,
I am on a page. There are a list of pdf files on the page. If a user
clicks on a pdf file, I want him to be redirected to a login page if he
is not logged in. However this doesnt seem to be happening even with filters. Does the
click on a pdf file not recognized as a request?

Make sure there is a return statement after the redirect. This prevents the filter from continuing to process the request (serving the PDF) while the redirect is processing. I had this same problem protecting JSPs in this fashion once.

Erik