See below:

No, <c:*> as in "core" from JSTL.

> or should you call the tags their struts names but jstl attributes?
>
> <logic-el:iterate items-"">

We tend not to use logic-el tags, only html-el and JSTL for everything else,
so this would be a <c:forEach>.

> if the latter, what are the preferred prefixes for the el tags? the same
> as their struts counterparts or with some el prefix or suffix?

We prefer to still use <html:*> for struts-el: easier to type, remember and
you're unlikely to ever want to mix "html" and "html-el" on the same page or
even in same app.

> cheers
> Nathan

> >     Nathan> is this documented somewhere?  ie which tags have /
> haven't been ported
> >
> > As other posters implied, if both a Struts tag and a JSTL tag
> overlap, the tag
> > wasn't ported to Struts-EL, in general.  The README.txt file in
> the "struts-el"
> > directory tries to list what tags were not ported, and why.
> >
> > Note that there were some problems in the RC1 release of
> Struts-EL, so you
> > should probably use the nightly build, or wait until RC2.
> >
> >     Nathan> James Norman wrote:
> >     >> I'm pretty sure that the latest release of Struts
> includes a subset of
> >     >> Struts tags that have been configured to support the EL
> Expression language.
> >     >> This is the expression language that is built into JSTL.
>  I think that only
> >     >> the Struts tags that don't have equivalents in the JSTL
> have been ported.

---