Hey all,

A bit philisophical I suppose, but we've integrated some
legacy apps into a Struts application, and they return their
data as an XML document.

In a previous version of the app, the JSP made the legacy
call (gakk!), and then performed an XSL transform to display
the info to the user. (I didn't write it :)

I'm trying to migrate things towards their proper places, and
my question is where (if anywhere) the XSL transform belongs.

Ideally, I would either call the legacy app from within a
Action, or pushed down yet another  layer behind some
model call.

But if I did a model layer, then I'd probably transfer the data
from the XML document to a Java model object and then
transfer data from the model to a form via the Action and let
the tag libraries take it from there.

I don't have the luxury of a rewrite, so trying to incrementally
migrate and just not sure where the XSL transform should
land (or at least roost).

your insights would be appreciated

regards,

-jeff