So, I don't want to use DBCP anymore, but I want to continue using
struts-config to define my db so as not to disrupt the current state of the
app too much. So I'm learning how the DBCP-independent RC2 handles the db
connections all internally, and trying to figure out if that will work and
what problems might exist with it. Having some luck so far, but I need to do
a lot more playing around to make sure this doesn't replace my old problems
with new ones :)

Just keep in mind that Struts is getting out of the DataSource implementation business altogether post 1.1. You may want to search for other connection pooling packages to get a more permanent solution.

David

Matt