From: Susan Bradeen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 11 June 2003 19:57
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Is it possible to use struts 1.1 with WebSphere 4?

Andrew,

Sounds like something is amiss in your test app. I have been running my
app built around Struts 1.1 with WebSphere 4 for a long time. Are you are
using the latest jar files  ... RC2? Even with the trouble I ran into
yesterday with the RC2 struts.jar, I can get my app to load and do most
things.

Susan

On 06/11/2003 07:25:57 AM "Andrew Hill" wrote:

> We need to see if its possible to make our big complex application work
on
> WebSphere 4. We had it working on 5.
> The ui is done in struts and it was suggested that struts1.1 couldnt be
used
> with WepSphere 4 as WS4 uses the 2.2 servlet API. I figured this
shouldnt be
> a problem as struts supports 2.2 and doesnt need 2.3
>
> Nevertheless I havent even been able to get a simple test application to
run
> on WAS4. (Something of a struts equivalent to hello world". - One action
> that does a println to the response to prove you reached it)
>
> This test app deploys and runs just fine in tomcat 3.3.1a (a servlet api
2.2
> container) and of course in 4.0.6, but on websphere the ActionServlet
dies
> in the init method with:
>
> SRVE0100E: Did not realize  init() exception thrown by servlet action:
> javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Parsing error processing resource
path
> at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModuleConfig(ActionServlet.java:9
> 52)

 <snip/>