Thanks David.
Ill take a look at these possibilities and see how it goes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hibbs, David [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 11 June 2003 21:34
To: Struts-Users (E-mail)
Subject: RE: Is it possible to use struts 1.1 with WebSphere 4?

I've got production apps running on 1.1 RC2 on WAS 4, so I would hope that
means it is possible to do so. ;^)

BTW, I didn't make any changes to the struts code for WAS 4, so that's not
your problem.

OTOH, looking at my copy of the RC2 source it would seem you are indeed
running a later version than I am, so try the RC2 build and see what
happens.

Looking at the error, I would say something is wrong with your
configuration.  For brevity, I will assume your XML syntax and
struts-config.xml content are OK, but this could still be a couple things...
a) Your properties files are not on your classpath
b) It can't locate the DTD, although this is more likely to throw a SAX
exception.  You can eliminate this factor at any rate by keeping a copy of
the DTD in your WEB-INF folder and chainging your DOCTYPE declaration as
follows:
<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts
Configuration 1.1//EN" "struts-config_1_1.dtd">

David Hibbs
Staff Programmer / Analyst
Distributed Applications Development and Support
American National Insurance Company