yes, it should.

snippet from request processor:

        // Process any ActionForm bean related to this request
        ActionForm form = processActionForm(request, response, mapping);
        processPopulate(request, response, form, mapping);
        if (!processValidate(request, response, form, mapping)) {
            return;
        }

        // Process a forward or include specified by this mapping
        if (!processForward(request, response, mapping)) {
            return;
        }