But by doing in this way, for the forward name="failure" I will always end up in
StatuicUpload.jsp
(for the below example) I don't want to goto that jsp. I need to goto the parent page.
Let me explain the scenario once again. From two different jsps (say a.jsp and b.jsp)
I am coming to
an action (bt clicking the link in each jsp). From this action, upon an error I want
to go back to
"a.jsp" (if the request came from a.jsp)  or to b.jsp (if the request came from
b.jsp). So here I
won't be able to  hard code the path either as "a.jsp" or as "b.jsp" in the
struts-config.xml. In
you example upon error, it will always forward to StaticUpload.jsp

Thanks,
Pramod

                    "Prashanth.S"

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]       To:     Struts Users Mailing List <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                    ahoo.com>            cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: error handling

                    06/27/2003

                    03:14 PM

                    Please respond

                    to "Struts

                    Users Mailing

                    List"

Hi pramod,
you once thoroughly take a look at actionerror and actionerrors docs.
If u want to route ur errors to the parent page,
give the following statement in your action class.

actionErrors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR, new ActionError("errors.tx.incomplete"));
   saveErrors(request, actionErrors);
   return (mapping.findForward("failure"));

Than in struts-config.xml,Add the following line.

<forward name="failure" path="/vascdt/StaticUpLoad.jsp" />
        </action>

Than in your jsp type down the following

The above thing works for ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR.If u want to handle individual
errors u have to
do minor modifications which any good struts tutorial can explain.Thats very simple.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Prashanth

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi,
Can anyone send me a solution for the following problem:
>From two jsps, I am coming to the same action class. (in the first jsp, I have a
>link, clicking on
this will go to an action say MyAction. From the second jsp also, I can goto the same
action
MyAction). In the MyAction class, how do I write code to return to the parent page
when error
occurs. (I am catching error using ActionErrors)
path = "/MyAction"
type = "mypackage.MyAction"
name = "myFormBean"
scope = "session">

Here, if the forward is success, i am able to got Result.jsp. But if any error is
there, how do I
display the error in the parent page? (I can come to this action from two different
parent page)
Please advise.

Thanks,

Pramod

This electronic mail message is intended solely for the named recipients and may
contain
confidential and proprietary business information of eFunds Corporation and all its
subsidiaries.
If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately. You may not
disclose the
contents to any other person; use this electronic mail message or its contents for any
other
purpose; or further store or copy its contents in any medium