Hi Nico, it is working by giving multiple action mappings.

Thank you very much!!,
Pramod

                    "Nicolas De

                    Loof"                 To:     "Struts Users Mailing List" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                    <nicolas.deloof       cc:

                    @cgey.com>            Subject:     Re: error handling

                    06/27/2003

                    03:44 PM

                    Please respond

                    to "Struts

                    Users Mailing

                    List"

> But by doing in this way, for the forward name="failure" I will always end up in
> StatuicUpload.jsp
> (for the below example) I don't want to goto that jsp. I need to goto the parent
> page.
> Let me explain the scenario once again. From two different jsps (say a.jsp and
> b.jsp) I am coming
> an action (bt clicking the link in each jsp). From this action, upon an error I want
> to go back to
> "a.jsp" (if the request came from a.jsp)  or to b.jsp (if the request came from
> b.jsp). So here I
> won't be able to  hard code the path either as "a.jsp" or as "b.jsp" in the
> struts-config.xml. In
> you example upon error, it will always forward to StaticUpload.jsp
>
> Thanks,
> Pramod

If you really cannot set multiples action-mappings in struts-config.xml (that is the
cleaner way to
do), you can add a
parameter to your request for the "incoming" JSP :

and build a new forward in your action when errors occurs :

   if (!errors.isEmpty()) {
       saveErrors(request, errors);
       String commingFrom = request.getParameter("from");
       return new ActionForward(from);
   }

Nico.

This  electronic  mail  message  is  intended  solely  for  the  named  recipients
and  may contain
confidential  and  proprietary  business information of eFunds Corporation and all its
subsidiaries.
If  you  are  not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately.  You may
not disclose the
contents  to  any  other  person;  use  this  electronic  mail message or its contents
for any other
purpose; or further store or copy its contents in any medium