----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Raeburn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2003 3:16 PM
Subject: RE: Sending a Redirect Directly from an Action Class

> > The *easiest* way in my assumption is that no one has direct access to
the
> JSP pages in the security constraints.
>
> Actually the easiest way is to place JSPs under WEB-INF but that was not
> what we were talking about.

That is an old practice and it may not be supported by all vendors in all
versions of their server software.

> I'm not making assumption in that you flatly said that the JSP could not
be
> protected by standard security constraints and I pointed out that it
could.
> You may have misstated what you meant or simply misunderstood how it
works,
> but what you actually wrote was factually incorrect.
>
> In regard to your previous comment, 'unprofessional' would have been all
the
> things I re-phrased to avoid giving offence. Perhaps you should consider
> that yourself, next time.

When making recommendations, I am assuming the best practices of the
MVC models for simplicity of the statements. They include no protections
on actions and no direct accesses to JSP pages. They are clear concepts
to every morden MVC expert.

Later you added your assumptions to protect actions, then added your
assumptions to use the security constraints in old ways which are
suitable for the Model 1 things. As to why the ways you described to use
the security constraints are junked ideas, I will discuss sometimes later.
It looks to me you don't understand they get dumped in
morden MVC models, so you use them or recommend them in your
*professional* ways.

> I'm not getting anything out of this now and I'm sure others have more
than
> enough information about the subject so let's consider the matter closed.
>
> Steve

Jing