----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Raeburn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2003 4:45 PM
Subject: RE: Sending a Redirect Directly from an Action Class

> Look, I am trying to let this go. But you insist on throwing out
statements
> that may mislead others.

On the contrary, every time you *assume*, it introduces a misleading thing.

> Placing JSPs under WEB-INF is an established best practice and was
supported
> under servlet API 2.2 where it was allowed and reinforced under Servlet
API
> 2.3 where it was expressly permitted. It is my understanding that a
> container that claims to support Servlet API 2.3 must permit this, though
> don't know if all do yet.
>
> Your MVC best practices apparently include hiding the address bar from
users
> and relying on JavaScript to refresh the URL where a simple redirect would
> suffice. I assume this leads to excellent usability on diverse user-agents
> including screen readers and devices that don't support JavaScript.

Now I see another *assume*. Your ability to assume is overly strong :-)
Redirects can be done, address bars can be hidden or shown with desired
URLs, and non-JavaScript agents can be supported, all in the best practices
of the morden MVC models.

Do not *assume* to stop misleading. Open your mind to accept new things.
You are welcome to ask questions if you are unsure for somethings.

Jing
Netspread Carrier
http://www.netspread.com