Here is my original concerns regarding to the
response.sendRedirect("/somePage.jsp"):

>> * The JSP page somePage.jsp could not be protected
>>    by the standard security constraints. So it is recommended
>>    to use response.sendRedirect("/someAction.do") or
>>    a Filter, either way that provides security checking.
>>    Improper use of the redirect could make the security
>>    constraints over complicated as in an early discussion on
>>    how we redirect to restricted pages.

And the following is your response:
> This is not true. When you redirect the client issues a new request which
is
> subject to container managed security.

Form my message, how do you conclude I am suggesting that
the "/someAction.do" is protected under a security constraint?
You added an assumption to my message and then claimed it "not true".

Again, the idea that "/someAction.do" is protected is funny. I never
thought that.

Jing