--- "Poon, Johnny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> There are 2 quick questions.
>
> 1) I'm considering making one huge javabean that will have 100+ fields.
> This bean will be share in the session across up to 23 different screen.
> think this is probably the cleanest way, as the same field might show up
> in
> different screens.  I don't think this will be a problem, however, I
> have
> never heard or made one single bean with that many fields.  Have you
> seen or
> done that?  Have you heard of any problem that might or have cause?

It will be confusing for people to maintain a class that large.  You
should break your beans into logically separate classes.

> 2) Also, since I'm on this note, I noticed if I have a variable name
> "mI"
> (stands for middle initial), therefore having getMI() and setMI(..),
> struts
> does not recognize those getter and setter because it is actually
> expecting
> getiM() and setiM().  I got around it by renaming my variable
> "middleInitial", so that the getter and setter are getMiddleInitial()
> and
> setMiddleInitial().  This works fine.  I'm just wondering if anyone out
> there aware of this or am I missing anything in the JavaBean standard?

Struts relies on commons-beanutils to find the bean properties.  Having a
variable named mI is an absolutely terrible idea anyways and middleInitial
is much more descriptive.

David