Nalini wrote:
> Alongside the 'school address' field I have a submit button, 'Find School'
that allows a user to enter part of the
> school name or address and hit this 'FindSchool' button which then goes
off to another page (selectSchool.jsp)
> that displays a list of matching schools.  The user then clicks on their
chosen school on selectSchool.jsp and is
> then returned to the RegisterForm with the 'school name' and 'school
address' fields populated.

I have exactly this flow in my own webapp, with the added complication that
the "Find School" part is used from multiple other forms.

I use LDA for the editWhatever actions (Registration, in your case).  Then I
"cheat" by sticking the name of the "editWhatever" action into the session
or request so I can use it to construct the "Go back where you came from"
ActionForward.

My biggest problem was that there is no "go back where you came from"
inherent in the framework-- everything is forward-looking, do this, then go
forward to one of many places.

--
Wendy Smoak
Arizona State University