On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Bailey, Shane C. wrote:

> I guess my problem is that I think of Java as being a Sun only product and I
> forget about the committees involved in the process of deciding what goes
> into the different Java specifications or editions (EE,SE,ME).

Yep ... thinking that Sun "controls" the evolution of Java specs the same
way that Microsoft controls the evolution of .Net is way way WAY off the
mark :-).

A look at the list of companies and individuals that are involved in the
development of JavaServer Faces itself might be illuminating:

  http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=127

Craig