The way container works is to deploy an application to its own content.
The way your container knows which application a user request refers to
is by looking at the prefix of the request. So unless you mount your
application onto the ROOT content (prefix "/") I can not imagine what
you are asking for is possible. But then again if some dude will come
along and remount your app to some /app content ... Suppose you develop
an app called app1 and have example.do action there. How would you
differentiate between /app/example.do and /app1/example.do?

HTH,
Alex.