That is what struts does for you already. You do not need to do
anything. Suppose you do your development in context /app. While you
develop all of your actions will be rendered like /apps/action.do Now
suppose you want to deploy your application, you give it to
administrator and he/she deploys it in some context. Suppose that
context is / all of your actions will be rendered like /action.do. Sure
if he/she deploys the app in context /apps1 all of your actions will be
rendered as /apps1/action.do

This basically has very little to do with struts rather with how
servlets/JSP apps get deployed. Struts just makes the fact that you can
move your app around transparent to you as a developer or to your admin,
given you use the struts tags.