I know you can map the 'default' context  ( '/' ) to a particular
context in Tomcat, as we did that on an app I worked on.
Hence, we could access the app as:

http://www.somecompany.com/

and

http://www.somecompany.com/OrderEntry

-jeff

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 09:08 AM, java-dude wrote:

The business requires to put their own URL on the application such
as :-

www.somecompany.com/example

NOT as is currently happening :-

www.somecompany.com/app/example

where the app part of the URL is coming from app.war used to deploy
the app.

If I can tweak the config of the application so the form action path
becomes "/example" instead of "/app/example", as currently,  then it
should be possible for the system administrator to remap the
application to www.someapp.com/example

This must be already being done in numerous companies but I don't
know how we can achieve this at the moment.

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Alex Shneyderman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The way container works is to deploy an application to its own
content.
The way your container knows which application a user request
refers to
is by looking at the prefix of the request. So unless you mount
your
application onto the ROOT content (prefix "/") I can not imagine
what
you are asking for is possible. But then again if some dude will
come
along and remount your app to some /app content ... Suppose you
develop
an app called app1 and have example.do action there. How would you
differentiate between /app/example.do and /app1/example.do?

HTH,
Alex.