> Pedro Emanuel de Castro Faria Salgado wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>   I have built a plugin for Struts that creates view beans using
>>dynabeans that are defined on a xml file and i was wondering if anyone
>> in the Struts project/mailing list was interested on checking the use
>> of it?
>>
> When I see dynabean are you saying BeanUtils.DynaBean and what is a
> 'view bean',
> do you mean a Action Form ?

yes

> If so what is the difference between  your
> plugin and  a DynaActionForm ?

i think, actually, there is none... the difference is for what i use
the view beans for: transfering data from actions to
build combobox on form and present data that isn't on a form.

i know i can use the form itself to put a collection to
build a combobox and use another form bean property
to store the user input but it is less
confusing if i define forms with only the properties the
user can enter data and
another bean for transmitting data (dto... in my case i call it view bean).

before the plugin i had to define a new java class
(attributes + getters/setters) for each
new dto i wanted, now, i only need to add some lines
to a xml file...

> Given that your plugin is generally useful then there are several
> options :
>
> 1) Since web space can gotten for free now days you could always post it
>  on a site with
>     some documentation on how to use it.

i will see what i can do...

> 2) We are using the http://www.sf.net/projects/struts site as an
> incubator for projects you can post there
>      to see if there is interest.

thank you for the tip...

> 3) Find someone else with a struts web site, that would host it.
>
> Most importantly having an example, that is documented is key.

I have already sent the source on another email so
you can take a look (src + javadoc + ant file)
and i am finishing a small web app.

thanks for the tips...

Pedro Salgado