Pedro,

I'ld be interested in your implementation as I did the same thing.
I define what I call view configurations in an XML file. On startup
they are cached and I can access them at run time. It sure beats
writing a bunch of throw-away Java beans which are used to present
data.

Accessing a particular view configuration is as simple as:

DynaBean view = ViewFactory.getInstance().getView(viewName);

robert