Greg Amaroso wrote:

I'm having trouble with the struts form validation framework when it comes
to radio buttons and checkboxes. For some reason, I can validate any other
type of field, but not radios/checkboxes. Here's where I seem to be having
trouble:

Try a --nightly-- build of struts. I believe it has enhancements in commons-validator to validate
radio controls. you can tell for sure by looking at the validator-rules.xml.

In there you'll see itels like :
function validateRequired(form) {
//Stuff deleted.....
if (field.type == 'text' ||
//stuff deleted
field.type == 'radio' ||
field.type == 'password') {

So this says that for the 'required' rule radio is supported.

Do the same for integer, byte, etc to see if 'radio' is supported.

In the struts-config.xml file, should the form-property type be set to
java.lang.String or java.lang.Boolean?

In the page with the form, does it look right to create the radio buttons
like this:

Are there any other tricks to doing this that differs from validating
standard text boxes, textareas, etc.?

Thank in advance.

Greg Amaroso