Thanks for the response, but I don't think the problem lies with the actual
validation that's happening.
I suspect that when a user submits the form page without a checkbox/radio
button checked, a blank variable is never sent to the form bean (i.e
http://www.url.com/servlet.do?checkboxvar=), it just doesn't send anything.
The form bean then sees it as as a nonexistent variable and returns a trace
stack error. Any other ideas?
I will however update my struts package.