Ahh. For situations where you have something like

pageA ====> ProcessActionA ====> pageB ===> ProcessActionB

where pageA and pageB need 2 different forms.

Yes. You would have to "insert" a SetupActionB in the chain which
results in:

pageA ====> ProcessActionA ====> SetupActionB ===> pageB ===> ProcessActionB

Yes, SetupActionB would
have to know how to extract formA data from the request and populate formB.
But this sounds like a wizard style process where it might be better to use
a single form for the entire process.

I think this problem/solution has been hashed out on this list many times
and
the solution is subject to the complexity of the process.
This pattern just happens to work for me and keeps things clean and
separate.

robert