At 14:43 +0800 9/22/03, Mohd Amin Mohd Din wrote:
Maybe you could use http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/

Ah, I think you missed my first post. My users have almost infinite flexibility both in entering search criteria as well as with what data fields are displayed in the resulting output. I don't see how to do that with JasperReports. If I were a power user, maybe I could figure out some way to do all of that at runtime, but JasperReports looks to me like its designed mostly for running statically defined reports. I know you can pass in some parameters and such, but my case seems like it's out of line with what JasperReports is designed to do.

It does look promising for its target cases, and I plan to give it a closer look when I have a project that is a better fit...

Joe

Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time." --Jaron Lanier